BUG #4018: Installation failure

From: "" <Shana8426(at)aol(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4018: Installation failure
Date: 2008-03-07 02:45:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4018
Logged by:
Email address: Shana8426(at)aol(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.6
Operating system: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Details:

The installer for PostgreSQL 8.2.6 fails when it attempts to install the
software. A message will display stating "failed to set permissions on the
installed files". The installer will then perform a rollback. I am the
administrator on my computer, and even when I set the permissions and
attempt to reinstall the software, my permissions will be automatically set
to deny, and the same "failed to set permissions" message will appear again.
I even created another user account with administrative privileges and the
same thing happened again. I also set my permissions to "Full Control" and
the same thing happened again.