request feature: alter view add column (or something like)

From: Olivier Thauvin <olivier(dot)thauvin(at)aerov(dot)jussieu(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: request feature: alter view add column (or something like)
Date: 2008-02-29 16:35:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sometimes, I have to add column to table, then adding the column to some view.

Currently it impossible to alter a view to add a new column, which is really
annoying. The only solution is to drop the view, and all dependented view,
then recreating everything.

Someone on #postgresqlfr said me there were discussion about that.

I think this would be a big improvement for pg 8.4.

My 2 cents.

Regards.