Re: citext in windows.

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: citext in windows.
Date: 2008-02-27 09:14:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:11:52AM +1300, Tim Uckun wrote:
> I just downloaded postgres 8.3 for windows and noticed that citext is
> not an option for columns.
>
> The web site has the source code but no binaries for windows.

That is something you need to talk to the citext creators about. Ideally,
they shold provide a stackbuilder compatible binary download for windows.

> I downloaded the enterprisedb and noticed that it has the citext.dll
> in the lib directory so I copied the dll over to the postgres lib
> directory and tried to run the sql to install the type buy no joy.
> Postgres complains it can't load the DLL. I triple checked it and it's
> in the proper place.

EnterpriseDB is a different product from PostgreSQL. There may be some
moduels that work in both, but don't count on it. For one thing I think
the latest EDB is based on 8.2, not 8.3. But there could be a lot of other
reasons as well. If you want a module to load in PostgreSQL, it has to be a
PostgreSQL module.

> What do I have to do in order to get citext to work on windows?

I think you need to talk to the citext people. Unless somebody else has
already made a package available somewhere?

//Magnus