Re: We should get active / Wiki choice

From: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>, Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active / Wiki choice
Date: 2008-02-26 11:46:08
Lists: pgeu-general

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:36:31PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:31:50AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> > That and it runs on Postgres which I think is an important
> > consideration. Yuck, dog food :-p
>
> That's a requirement, I thought ;-) at least TWiki does, though there was
> some chatter lately about them not being so interested in it?

TWiki does not use a database backend. About the PostgreSQL thing,
the remark was made by someone from twiki.net, a commercial entity that
only recently started business, and in no way reflects what the open
source community thinks about this.

Also, the freebsd port of mediawiki as of yet does not support
postgresql, although that might change in the near future.

Gr,

Koen