BUG #3987: Not checking the password

From: "chandra" <cmaddila(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3987: Not checking the password
Date: 2008-02-25 11:53:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3987
Logged by: chandra
Email address: cmaddila(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system: Linux
Details:

We have installed postgres in Linux box and accessing through Pgadmin
3-1.8.2.2.

When we connecting to the database it is asking the password. Without giving
the password we are able to connect to the database thru pqadmin tool. It
should check the password.

Am I missing while installing postgres?

We are storing very confidential data in our database. If anyone knows the
ip address they can easly connect thru pgadmin and hack the data.