Re: CVS repository invalid revision

From: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>
To: Christian Robottom Reis <kiko(at)canonical(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de>
Subject: Re: CVS repository invalid revision
Date: 2008-02-20 22:00:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Being prodded by this, I decided to take another look at why cvsps
doesn't work on PostgreSQL CVS repository...

It happens that it's choking on a bunch of the various REL7_1 tags...
And, the fromcvs converter, which works fine, just happens to *not*
support importing tags - go figure ;-)

So, my solution - strip them all out, and low-and-behold, cvsps works
(and thus, so does git-cvsimport).

So, for people having problems with the "cvs repository", try and
eliminate the REL7_1* tags, and see if the problems go away...

Here's my ugly 30 second perl to "remove" the REL7_* tags...

Of course, git-cvsimport (with tags stripped) takes hours to convert the
repository, rather than the couple 10s of minutes for fromcvs, but at
least it works...

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk Create like a god,
aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca command like a king,