Final list with candidates for Board of Directors

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Final list with candidates for Board of Directors
Date: 2008-02-20 13:12:01
Lists: pgeu-general

Hello all,

we have a final list with 6 candidates for the election next sunday in
Brussels:

- Magnus Hagander, Sweden, magnus(at)hagander(dot)net (yes)
- Gabriele Bartolini, Italy, gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com (yes)
- Jean-Paul Argudo, France, jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org (yes)
- Susanne Ebrecht, Germany, miracee(at)miracee(dot)de (yes)
- Gevik Babakhani, Netherlands, pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl (yes)
- Andreas Scherbaum, Germany, ads(at)pgug(dot)de (yes)

We asked all candidates to send us a short description about her- or
himself so that everyone knows a bit about the candidates. Of course,
more election campaigns are possible in Brussels *g*

Here are the infos (in no specific order):

Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>

Magnus is a developer of PostgreSQL, pgAdmin III and other related
projects and a member of the web- and sysadmin teams for the
postgresql.org infrastructure. He's been a user of PostgreSQL since 1996
(yes, it was painful back then), and an active developer and community
participant since 2003. While currently working as a systems
adminitstrator, he'll change to a full-time PostgreSQL position in april
2008. He's one of the Swedish press-contacts for PostgreSQL.

Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>

Gabriele Bartolini has been a Web developer for over 12 years with
experience in various database management systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL,
Informix), programming languages (including C, C++ and PHP),
technologies (including XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT and Web accessibility).
Since 1998, he has been actively involved in the open-source community,
with the development of free software applications such as ht://Dig,
ht://Check and ht://Miner.
He has a degree in Statistics and Information Systems (University of
Florence) but his interests are in data mining and data warehousing
applied to the web field (web mining).
Gabriele works for the local City Council of Prato in Tuscany, Italy and
is also the president of ITPUG, the Italian PostgreSQL Users Group.
He has studied and lived in Melbourne, Australia for a number of years,
where he has also worked as a senior software engineer at Hitwise, a
world leader for competitive intelligence on the web.

Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>

Advocate of Open Source since 2000, Jean-Paul promotes actively
PostgreSQL and founded the PostgreSQLFr.org website in february 2004.
This was the first step of the PostgreSQLFr non-profit, founded in 2005,
of which is the vice-President.

He founded Dalibo, the french PostgreSQL dedicated company, in mid-2005,
helping customers to migrate to PostgreSQL and to use it efficiently,
thanks to a complete PostgreSQL offer (services, trainings and support).

Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>

Susanne Ebrecht from Aachen, Germany. On IRC my nick is: miracee Age:
37 years
I am active at the Open Source community since 1996 and made my first
steps with PostgreSQL in 1998.
Since 2000 I am active at the PostgreSQL community.
Together with Andreas S. and Andreas K. we founded one central German
group: PGUG (PostgreSQL Usergroup Germany).
Josh Berkus once called me "one leader of the German community".
Because of FOSDEM 2007 I got the idea of the European User group and
shared this idea with others.
I was one of the main founder of this group and leaded the group during
the first months.

My leader goals for the European User group:
- Team work
- looking for smaller countries
- looking how we can help each other
- coordinate community jobs
- looking how we can share stuff

Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>

About Gevik Babakhani: I am 33 years old and live with my wife near the
beautiful city of The Hague. Although I was not born in The Netherlands,
I lived most of my life here. I consider myself to be a Dutch Armenian.

I joined the PostgreSQL community back in 2003 hoping to learn and
contribute to this great database system. Soon after, I was entrusted
with the role of main regional contact for The Netherlands. I help with
the PostgreSQL translation project, setup and host the postgresql.nl
website, provide resources to pgbuildfarm.org, and help moderating some
of the mailing lists.

Developing and contributing code for PostgreSQL has high priority for
me. My first biggest project was the uuid datatype which made its way to
8.3 thanks to the reviewing, coaching and the help I had from the
members of the core team.

I personally would like to see PostgreSQL get bigger and more popular in
Europe and I am willing to commit time and resources to achieve this
goal.

Andreas Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>

Andreas has been using PostgreSQL since 2000. In 2004, he joined the
english IRC channel. Since then, he started some PostgreSQL-related
projects including: translating PWN into German, the German PostgreSQL
user group, merchandising for German and European events (blue plush
elephants), new flyers, moderating in the german web-forum and his own
extension: table_log.

Andreas is self-employed, focusing on community platforms, website
projects with database back-ends and linux on small hardware systems.

For the forming EU group, he would like to see more publicity for
PostgreSQL like new regional groups, public relations and merchandising,
and attending and organizing events.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum