Re: tzcode update

From: Bjorn Munch <Bjorn(dot)Munch(at)sun(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tzcode update
Date: 2008-02-18 15:32:58
Lists: pgsql-patches

On 13/02 10.51, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> >I'll add some tests to cover timestamps > 2038.
>
> Attached is a new patch, with a couple of new regression tests. No other
> changes.

Ouch! This fails on our Solaris builds, because we build with the
Solaris timezone files. And these apparently don't work beyond 2038
and don't know that Finland plans to have DST also in the summer of
2050...

I haven't studied this in depth but I'm afraid the answer is "fix your
own timezone files"?

--
Bjorn Munch
Database Technology Group, Sun Microsystems