Reminder of PUGs posting policy to News and -announce

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reminder of PUGs posting policy to News and -announce
Date: 2008-02-14 22:29:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

WWW and moderators,

As a reminder, in our approval policy:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/NewsEventsApproval

We decided that PUGS would be entitled to post to -announce and /about/news
for two kinds of meetings:

1. their very first meeting
2. extra-special events like developer days

... but not for regular meetings.

I'm mentioning this because within the last week we've had an attempted
posting of a regular monthly meeting, and the posting of a first meeting
appears to have been rejected. Since we'll have 5-8 new PUGS coming
online in the next 6 months, let's make sure to keep to the policy.
Thanks!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus