Re: Patch review

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch review
Date: 2008-02-12 17:15:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> [...]
> >> Personally I'd be happier with an editable wiki page consisting of links
> >> to the original messages in the mail list archives, plus free-format
> >> annotations (such as status). This should be trivial to set up and
> >> reasonably flexible. With experience we might find we need something
> >> fancier, but let's not overdesign our solution at the start.
> >
> > I will see if I can come up with a proposal on the developer wiki for a
> > list that looks like that tomorrow.
>
> I have simply converted the old "8.3 patch status" page for now by
> removing all the applied and rejected patches:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Todo:PatchStatus
>
> I'm slowly adding some more stuff from the patches_hold list there but
> given the way that list is structured this is a fairly difficult and
> tendious task(a lot there is only discussion/design sketches and in
> effect one has to check every single mail in there to see if should be
> added) :-(

I have added message-id's to both patches web sites. The message id
appears next to the author in the thread listing, and at the top of the
message page.

Unfortunately you can't search by message id in our archives, but if
that is fixed, I can add HTML to get that to work too.

I was hoping someone had a completed solution, but I guess not.