Re: end of life for pg versions...

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: end of life for pg versions...
Date: 2008-02-12 16:19:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 09:44:30AM +0100, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

> That's why I wrote "without making it too formal" and "bland
> commitment to the release schedule...".

The problem with doing it that way is that, when the release fails to meet
the original target deadline, any coverage of a new release will inevitably
include notes remarks about how the release was "six months late" or
whatever. The computer press is driven mostly by commercial firms, who have
to have software schedules because that's how they pay their bills.