Re: BUG #3935: about Unicode values

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Vaibhav More <vaibhav(dot)more2008(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3935: about Unicode values
Date: 2008-02-06 09:16:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 06:11:24AM +0000, Vaibhav More wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 1.6.2

This looks like a pgAdmin version, not a PostgreSQL version. What
does "SELECT version()" return?

> I have problem in displaying Unicode(UTF-8) integer values in my query.
> insert in table values('२६','वैभव');
> here २६ is an int value.

Could you expand on what problem you're having? What exactly are
you doing, what are you expecting to happen, and what actually does
happen?

Your int value appears to be 26 in Devanagari. Are you trying to
store that value in an integer column? I don't think PostgreSQL
supports numbers in non-Latin scripts unless your underlying strtol()
and sprintf() functions do.

--
Michael Fuhr