Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59
Date: 2008-02-05 09:00:29
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:36:47PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I don't really buy the double patching argument. Back patching becomes
> > more difficult when there has been significant code drit, but we surely
> > don't expect that much drift in the next week or two. Back patching when
> > there has been no code drift is pretty simple.
>
> Well, it's not hard, but it is tedious. Bruce and I, who are the people
> most likely to bear the brunt of such tedium, both voted to wait a week
> or so before branching. Peter did not bother to vote.

I assume this vote was taken out on -core? I don't mind -core deciding on
this, not at all, but I would appreciate it if you would post the result of
the vote on -hackers. It makes a lot of difference with an open-ended
"we'll branch sometmie later" and a "we talked about it, and we decided
we'll branch in one to two weeks unless something unusual comes up".

If you alraedy did this and I missed it in the mail-flood around fixing all
the presskits, I apologize in advance ;-)

//Magnus