Re: OT - pg perl DBI question

From: CaT <cat(at)zip(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OT - pg perl DBI question
Date: 2008-01-29 12:30:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:24:05AM -0800, Glyn Astill wrote:
> I'm trying yo run a perl script that uses DBI (Slonys
> psql_replication_check.pl to be precise) and I'm getting the error:
>
> Can't locate Pg.pm in @INC
>
> Now I do have the file in /usr/lib/perl5/DBD/ but the script can't
> see it. I'm guessing that unless I fudge it and put the absoloute
> path in the script, I need to set some sort of path somewhere, but
> I'm lost as to what or where.
>
> Could someone point me in the correct direction please?

Run perl -V and see if the path is there for @INC. If it's there, check
such things as permissions. If not, ponder deeply as to why this is so
(as /usr/lib/perl5 is a standard path for perl in /usr) and if you can't
fix it 'properly' you can work-around with the use of 'use lib' (see
perldoc perlvar and search for @INC).

--
"To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
greatest tribute."