Re: PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide Books

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide Books
Date: 2008-01-26 15:28:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Friday 25 January 2008 19:02, Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how accurate there books are (perhaps not so much) , if one
> wants to learn more about the internals?
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/programmer.html
> http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/laine/postgresql/programmer/

These are basically old versions of the documentation, so thier relevance, and
what you can get out of them, probably is strictly dependent on how much the
code has changed in any given area. Note there are some style differences
that could make areas of the old docs more helpful (depending on thier
accuracy), but that's more a style thing:

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/laine/postgresql/programmer/arch-pg.htm#PGARCH-CONNECTIONS
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/arch-pg.html#PGARCH-CONNECTIONS
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/connect-estab.html

--