Re: User group liaison

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: User group liaison
Date: 2008-01-17 16:59:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

All,

Regardless of what Josh's plans are, we really *could* use someone to be "in
charge" of PUG websites, event communication, mailing lists, etc. This is
something I've been doing up until now, and I'm often not terribly responsive
when I'm travelling or involved with PR stuff.

And since it's something I, personally, have been doing, I don't think I need
a popular vote on whether to give the task to Selena, particularly when she
volunteered and I've not seen anybody else do so. Whether Josh wants
SPI-PUG funding requests to go through Selena or not is up to him, at least
until the FG replaces him.

Let's not turn PostgreSQL into a bureaucracy.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun