Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-14 23:22:15
Lists: pgeu-general

On Monday 14 January 2008 21:49:22 Dave Page wrote:
> On 14/01/2008, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Those users that belong to a local group and accept the local group
> > policy, might be informed that they could become members of the EU PUG
> > if they want and they are asked to accept another privacy disclaimer.
>
> Or just make the automatic membership of PG-EU optional, and make it
> clear what will happen should the member choose to accept.
>
> /D

Either way this is becoming more complex. If i understand clearly what you
mean, every local user group has to provide a web page or another way for the
members to say wether or not they want to be part of the European Group, and
probably a way to modify that information if they change their mind.

As far as i understand the European Association will also have to provide such
tools to its individual members. So instead of duplicating all this work, why
not centralizing everything in a single application form managed by PGEU ?

I see another issue with that "not-so-automatic" membership for the members of
the local groups. If we do that, we will have to synchronize the member
lists on a regular basis from the local groups to the European group. I know
this is piece of cake for lots of people here, but is it necessary ?

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com