Re: to_char incompatibility

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>
Subject: Re: to_char incompatibility
Date: 2008-01-14 21:32:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jon,

> You'll have to explain to Oracle and their customers that Oracle's
> security model is not a great idea then.

I'd love to, and in fact *do* whenever I'm given the chance.

In fact, Oracle's security model is pretty bad; the reason why Oracle
advertises "Unbreakable" so hard is that they have a terrible record of
security exploits, making them nearly as bad as MySQL. Heck, these days
you're better off using MSSQL than Oracle to protect your data.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun