Re: Proposal - libpq Type System beta-0.8a (was PGparam)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal - libpq Type System beta-0.8a (was PGparam)
Date: 2008-01-08 21:31:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Merlin,

> That said, we have been a little dismayed in the lack of comment.

I think most people can't really follow what functionality this would allow
users & driver authors to access, and what the spec for that functionality
would. I know I'm not clear on it.

A high-level proposal would arouse more general interest. Otherwise,
you'll just get a critique and eventually it'll either get applied or
rejected without much comment.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus