Re: Changes to about/sponsors

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changes to about/sponsors
Date: 2008-01-01 16:36:22
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 04:03:34PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> so much so, but smaller companies in smaller countries might view a
> competitor as having sponsored and decide to do so also ... I know that
> that is one of the fundraising 'tricks' that you see used on tv telethons
> and such "so and so sponsored $X and challenges others to meet or beat
> that" .. not saying to put that text on the site, mind you ...

If we wanted to do that, we could do so when trying to get sponsorships.
The sorting of the list for users is confusing when it's by country (how
many of us know the primary incorporation location for most companies we
know of?), and it's the users' ability to find things that is the most
important, I think.