Re: viewing source code

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Trevor Talbot <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: viewing source code
Date: 2007-12-20 22:28:21
Lists: pgsql-performance

Merlin Moncure escribió:

> I don't really agree that wrapping pl/pgsql with encryptor/decryptor
> is a bad idea.

Right. But do you agree that it is separate from having hidden prosrc?
If we can complete a design then let's shot that way, and aim at
encryption sometime in the future :-)

I have to note that I would probably not be the one to actually produce
a patch in this direction, or even to work on a working, detailed design
:-) You just read Joshua's opinion on this issue and I don't think I
need to say more :-)