Re: Release Note Changes

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Release Note Changes
Date: 2007-12-10 13:47:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le lundi 10 décembre 2007, Bruce Momjian a écrit :
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/PostgreSQL.git
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/PostgreSQL.git?a=shortlog;h=master
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/PostgreSQL.git?a=shortlog;h=REL8_2_STABLE
>
> I like the branch option but I don't like the title being duplicated as
> the first line in "log" mode.

I'm not that acquainted to git and gitweb to provide authoritative answer, but
my guess here is that git (as darcs) is used to have a first line to title
patch, then a optional description. It seems the automatic cvs-to-git tool
(or maybe cvsps) is not smart enough to extract a good title from cvs log
entries (which may or may not provide one).
http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/

> The Next button is returning " 403
> Forbidden - Project needed".

Ouch. ISTR it used to work well... and replacing the ARRAY(0x...) garbage with
PostgreSQL.git makes it render the wanted web page...

Should I add I'm not trying to push towards git/gitweb nor trying to have
decentralized revision system on the spot; but rather am trying to help
finding the right tool for the job at hand.

Regards,
--
dim