Re: PQParam version 0.5

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PQParam version 0.5
Date: 2007-12-05 19:44:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

Andrew Chernow escribió:

> Also changed PQputint8's prototype. Previously, it was using a void* as
> the value argument, due to a lack of a portable 64-bit type in libpq. We
> found an intersting way around this by using macro and variable argument
> tricks.

I didn't read the patch, but variadic macros are not portable. FWIW
uint64 should "portable" to all platforms that have it (and it should be
32 bits on platforms that don't), but you have to watch for
INT64_IS_BUSTED.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane...