Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date: 2007-11-29 16:13:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:
>
> I'm very concerned about that too, and think that DEBUG5 is just fine.

Well, the analysis was already done which says this shouldn't be a problem.

> > Hmm, I just noticed a bug in those fprintf calls -- they are missing
> > the terminating newline. Please change that too if you're going to
> > patch this part of the code. In order to avoid translation problems, I
> > think it should be like this:
>
> > fprintf(stderr, _("mapped win32 error code %lu to %d" "\n"), e, errno);
>
> That's both unreadable and useless, because gettext will smash it to one
> string anyway.

Huh, right. I meant to have the second string outside the _() call, but
I don't think that can be made to work easily.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"Puedes elegir el color de tu auto -- siempre y cuando sea negro."