Re: Time to update list of contributors

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to update list of contributors
Date: 2007-11-28 20:24:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

WWW,

> > Yeah, I assembled that list for FOSS.In. In some countries, like
> > India and Brazil, there's the perception that you have to be American
> > to be an OSS contributor. I'm trying to show people otherwise.
>
> Weird... considering how many of our contributors are not in the US.

Could we consider putting countries in the Contributors list at some point? I
think it would encourage more people from outside the US to become
contributors. Currently the project is imbalanced, with 2/3 of our users
outside the US (or more) and 1/2 our contributors inside the US. A lot of
that has to do with employers, of course, but we should give all the
encouragement we can.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun