Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Thomas Chille <thomas(at)chille(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock
Date: 2007-11-27 14:14:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Thomas Chille wrote:

> I think this are the relevant pg_locks entries:
>
> relation 75685778 75686189
> 9017862 25467 AccessShareLock f
> relation 75685778 75686189
> 9009323 9317 ShareUpdateExclusiveLock
> relation 75685778 75686189
> 9009312 9293 AccessShareLock t
> relation 75685778 75686189
> 9009312 9293 RowExclusiveLock t
> relation 75685778 75686189
> 9009312 9293 AccessExclusiveLock f
> relation 75685778 75686189
> 9012978 28370 AccessShareLock f
>
> 75686189 is the table hst_timerecording. for me it looks like the
> autovacuum is not releasing the blocking ShareUpdateExclusiveLock?

What are the column headings? I find this difficult to read.

Please post the whole of pg_locks. I may be missing something but I
think we're missing part of the picture here. Autovacuum does not seem
to be locking on anything.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
One man's impedance mismatch is another man's layer of abstraction.