BUG #3782: table_to_xmlschema and xsd:simpleType

From: "Dragos Ionita" <dragos(at)beopen(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3782: table_to_xmlschema and xsd:simpleType
Date: 2007-11-27 11:36:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3782
Logged by: Dragos Ionita
Email address: dragos(at)beopen(dot)ro
PostgreSQL version: postgresql-8.3b
Operating system: Windows XP SP2
Details:

The new XML functions are great! I'm building a WSDL document with the help
of the new functions.

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/functions-xml.html

I'm having a problem with table_to_xmlschema, for VARCHAR fields the
function returns:

<xsd:simpleType name="VARCHAR">
</xsd:simpleType>

And parsers don't seem to like this:

Invalid XML schema: 'Further elements required under element
<xsd:simpleType>.'

The simpleType should have a child element. Is this a bug or am I missing
something?

Thank you