BUG #3780: Error message happen when Starting Services

From: "Ning Li" <sissi_li_8(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3780: Error message happen when Starting Services
Date: 2007-11-27 04:26:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3780
Logged by: Ning Li
Email address: sissi_li_8(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL 8.3
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

I have PostgreSQL 8.0 install in my computer before working fine. I want to
upgrade to version 8.2 or 8.3. First, I uninstall PostgreSQL 8.0 using Add
or Remove programs.

Install PostgreSQL 8.3 until to Starting services have error message happen
like following:

"Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3-beta3' failed to start. Verify that
you have sufficient privileges to start system services".

And then I try to install PostgreSQL 8.2 as a service.Fill up account name,
account domain and account password. Click Next have error message coming up
like following:

Your local 'Administrators' group contains 'Interactive Users'. This is a
common configuration error that causes security issues. For this reason,
Postgres"

Please give some advice. Thanks!