Re: EOT, please (was: Re: PostgreSQL ConferenceE ast 08)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: EOT, please (was: Re: PostgreSQL ConferenceE ast 08)
Date: 2007-11-20 22:45:29
Lists: pgeu-general

No, but it was clearly off-topic. Reports of bugs that are actually newbie error get harsh responses on -bugs, user questions get redirected on -hackers. Why shouldn't we try to keep discussion here relevant?

> BTW... Joshua already unsubscribed himself from the list.

Well that's his choice. He wasn't asked to do so, just to keep posts relevant to the forum.

> ...and if someone asks my opinion: I now feel uncomfortable in this
> list, since I am not a EU guy (have never been), I dislike EU
> politically (which is very off-topic),

It's EUropean, not European Union, a typo fixed within minutes of being found.

> and I moved to Canada to live
> here for a few years.

So what? As I said to JD, the list is for discussion of European topics, not discussion by European people (or residents).

In other words, anyone is welcome, as long as discussion remains broadly on-topic.

/D