Re: Location of PGCon EU

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Location of PGCon EU
Date: 2007-11-12 09:37:25
Lists: pgeu-general

Le dimanche 11 novembre 2007, Joshua D. Drake a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> We have been bantering back and forth for a while now on which location
> to have PGCon EU. I thought I would throw a new one out there. The
> Ukraine.
>
> I have two team members in Crimea which would give us boots on the
> ground. My understanding is the weather is pleasant there if we have it
> in July, August or September.
>
> Thoughts?

I like the idea to visit Ukraine, but I am not sure it is best place for us
now.
I can remember (am I wrong ?) mails about going to somes countries, and we
finaly approve that we *need* people in the country where the conf will be.
I prefer a country with people actualy involved in postgresql european group.

Staying inside Eurozone is very confortable for money, that the main (perhaps
only) advantage I see. Also, as Shengen argument appear, we will have 9 news
options starting january ;)

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données