Re: Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Tommy Flewwelling" <tommyflewwelling(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.
Date: 2007-11-10 08:54:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

That's the service failing to logon to windows itself. Check the password in the Services control panel applet.

> This leaves me to wonder how pgAgent is interconnected to PostgreSQL. i.e. – initdb, pg_ctl, createdb and psql?
>
> For sake of argument, when createdb, psql and pgAgent are populated do/can they share the same password?
>
> -U postgres -p 5432 -E UTF8 -q myDatabase
> -U postgres -p 5432 -q myDatabase –f docitt_db_06_setup.sql myDatabase
> INSTALL docitt-agent-1.8 -u docitt_server -p secret hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=docitt_db user=postgres
>
> Any pointers regarding this error would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what you mean by populated, but typically you would use the postgres userid password for all the above (until you start thinking seriously about security and seperation of roles anyway).

Regards, Dave