BUG #3726: Unable to upgrade

From: "Derek G" <derekthedj(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3726: Unable to upgrade
Date: 2007-11-07 01:29:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3726
Logged by: Derek G
Email address: derekthedj(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.1
Operating system: WinXP
Details:

Since installing v8.2.1 I have been unable to upgrade to later versions.
When running update.bat, it gives an error message towards the end of the
installation stating "please verify you have administrative privileges." I
do use an administrator account and all my AV/Spyware/Firewall/etc. are shut
off prior to installation. Nothing I do allows the update to finish.