Re: dell versus hp

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Tore Halset <halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dell versus hp
Date: 2007-11-06 15:18:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

Le mardi 06 novembre 2007, Tore Halset a écrit :
> Interesting. Do you have any benchmarking numbers? Did you test with
> software raid 10 as well?

Just some basic pg_restore figures, which only make sense (for me anyway) when
compared to restoring same data on other machines, and to show the effect of
having a dedicated array for the WALs (fsync off not having that an influence
on the pg_restore timing)...

The previous production server had a RAM default and made us switch without
taking the time for all the tests we could have run on the new "beast".

Regards,
--
dim