BUG #3706: ecpg regression: "MOVE FORWARD"

From: "Scott Bailey" <scott(dot)bailey(at)eds(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3706: ecpg regression: "MOVE FORWARD"
Date: 2007-10-29 15:44:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3706
Logged by: Scott Bailey
Email address: scott(dot)bailey(at)eds(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3beta1
Operating system: Tru64
Details:

The following statement:

exec sql MOVE FORWARD :RowMove IN Sniffer;

which worked correctly in 8.2.4 and previous versions, now fails to compile
in 8.3beta1; I receive the following error message:

ERROR: fetch/move count must not be a variable.

This sucks and I couldn't find anything about it in the TODO list or Release
Notes. Is this unintentional, or should I be recoding my program to use a
loop to move forward 1 row at a time?