Re: get only rows for latest version of contents

From: "Christian Kindler" <christian(dot)kindler(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Sébastien Meudec <seb(at)jack(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: get only rows for latest version of contents
Date: 2007-10-24 09:55:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi!

not quick mut works

select * from business b1
where b1.version_no = (SELECT max(version_no) FROM business b2.
where b2.idnode = b1.idnode
)

If you want to make this quiry faster du a regular join

select b1.*
from business b1,
(SELECT max(version_no) FROM business b2.
where b2.idnode = b1.idnode
) as b2
where b1.idnode = b2.idnode
and b1.version_no = b2.version_nr

Regards Chris

PS written without running any sql, maybe there are some syntax issues, but i am shure you will figure these out :-)

--
cu
Chris