Re: Postgres SQL with Suse Linux

From: Tino Schwarze <postgresql(at)tisc(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres SQL with Suse Linux
Date: 2007-10-23 14:16:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 12:03:52PM -0000, yogesh wrote:

> > > I have to install the Postgres SQL on the Suse
> > > Linux........Guide me with suitable steps to take......which version i
> > > ave to use for postgres.....
> >
> > Quick and simple: Use RPMs provided by SuSE.
> > Still stimple: Use the latest 8.2.x version, follow the instructions
> > here:http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/installation.html
> > (You need to install the packages readline-devel and zlib-devel as well
> > as the gcc compiler).

> I have installed the Postgres on Suse Linux 10.2 desktop
> can i have a Client for this like i have a PgAdmin in Windows or any
> similar client tool so that i can check out the database.......

I'm not familiar with GUI DB tools... You might want to have look at
DB Visualizer (http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/) - the free edition
suffices for simple stuff. You could also try installing knoda,
mergeant, rekall and look at these (I don't know them, just looked into
YaST for available database stuff).

I prefer using psql directly...

Bye,

Tino.

--
www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.lebensraum11.de

Tino Schwarze * Parkstraße 17h * 09120 Chemnitz