Re: WinXP Hibernation problem (replicated)

From: Steve Midgley <public(at)misuse(dot)org>
To: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris(at)familiedobbelsteen(dot)nl>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WinXP Hibernation problem (replicated)
Date: 2007-10-19 18:18:07
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am now able to replicate this problem more consistently. It seems
that these steps will cause the problem every time on my computer:

1) Boot WinXP, sp2 (possibly requiring some or all of on my setup: a
Thinkpad T43 with ATI Control Center installed + external monitor set
to primary + 2bg ram + Microsoft patch for hibernation of >1gb
machines)

2) Load PgAdmin 1.8 RC1

3) Open SQL Window to local Pg server

4) Hibernate machine

5) Open a new SQL Windows for local Pg server

6) Notice that SQL window doesn't have sql input box displayed.

Workaround: Uncheck and recheck View/Output pane and problem goes away.

The key is that it always seem to cause a problem when opening a new
sql window in Pg admin after hibernating but only sometimes causes a
problem for an existing open sql window.

I hope this helps, though it's a pretty minor problem in the end.

Steve