Re: Abbreviation list

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Abbreviation list
Date: 2007-10-18 19:10:47
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Steve Crawford wrote:
> Is there a comprehensive (or semi-comprehensive) on-line list of
> commonly used PG-related abbreviations used in PostgreSQL documentation,
> mail-lists, etc.? If there is not, would such a list make a reasonable
> one-page addition to the PG manual?

I don't think we have one, but IMHO it would be an excellent idea. We
do have some abbreviations, e.g. HOT, TOAST, WAL are the ones that
jump immediately to mind (besides the ones you mentioned).

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"Granting software the freedom to evolve guarantees only different results,