Re: Release notes introductory text

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release notes introductory text
Date: 2007-10-18 05:34:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:34:14 -0400 (EDT)
> Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> > >
> > > You do realize that this will make many managers very reluctant to adopt
> > > it before it has settled in for many months, right?
> > >
> > > If the goal is to provide fair warning of a high-than-usual-risk
> > > release, you've got it covered.
> >
> > No, that was not the intent. The indent was to say we got a lot done in
> > one year. You have a suggestion?
>
> What if you changed "were added rapidly" to "were quickly brought to
> maturity" or something like that?

Updated text is:

This release represents a major leap forward for PostgreSQL by adding
significant new functionality and performance enhancements. This was
made possible by a growing community that has dramatically accelerated
the pace of development. This release adds the follow major
capabilities: