Re: Timezone database changes

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Trevor Talbot" <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Aidan Van Dyk" <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Magne =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E6hre?=" <Magne(dot)Mahre(at)sun(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Timezone database changes
Date: 2007-10-10 17:14:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2007 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Peter's example of a future appointment time is a possible
> counterexample, but as observed upthread it's hardly clear which
> behavior is more desirable in such a case.

Whereas the most realistic solution to my example might be, "the parties
involved reconfirm their appointment", I expect that public transportation
companies such as railways and airlines have specific rules to deal with
these situations. That might give us some insight what the
industrial-strength resolution could be, even if we deem it inappropriate to
implement it at the end. So if someone has knowledge in that area, I'd be
interested.

--
Peter Eisentraut