Re: conference -- Lunch Options near PSU volunteer

From: Aaron Burt <aaron(at)bavariati(dot)org>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conference -- Lunch Options near PSU volunteer
Date: 2007-09-26 19:11:11
Lists: pdxpug

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:53:36AM -0700, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Could someone research Lunch Options for the conference? I'm looking
> for places that are within walking distance of the Engineering
> building at PSU and are open on Saturdays for lunch. I'd like at least
> 4 locations with vegetarian options.

It's a university district. Cheap food abounds.

There's a Taco Del Mar in the EB itself, and a line of food trailers
across the street. The Indian one, at least, is open weekends and has
excellent vegetarian options. Walk 2 blocks west to 6th ave and you're
looking at Hot Lips Pizza (all local ingredients) and a Lebanese place.
There are many other places in that area.

Or head east from the EB and you're at the back of a strip-mall and its
hot-pot restaurant. Lunch there is entertaining but not cheap.
Depending on how the conference goes, you may find the Plaid Pantry
or the liquor store most convenient.

Unless things have changed in the last several months...
Aaron