Re: Thread-safe PREPARE in ecpg

From: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thread-safe PREPARE in ecpg
Date: 2007-09-26 04:43:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Here is a revised patch against CVS HEAD.
I fixed a bug in ECPGdeallocate_all().

Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Could you please create a small example that we could add to the
> regression suite?

The attached prep.pgc is an example for this fix,
that repeats EXEC SQL PREPARE and EXECUTE in loops.
It works with pthread and Win32 thread.

> > I needed to change the following exported functions, but it will
> > introduce an incompatibility issue. It might be ok for CVS HEAD,
> > but I'd like to port the fix to back versions. Do you have any
> > thoughts on how we can accomplish this better?
>
> No idea at the moment, sorry.

For porting back to 8.2, I'm planning to keep ECPGdeallocate,
ECPGdeallocate_all and ECPGprepared_statement as their original names,
and add new versions with different names. If users use only thread
default connection, the simplified version would work enough.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
ecpg_prepare-8.3.patch application/octet-stream 28.0 KB
prep.pgc application/octet-stream 1.7 KB