Re: Thread-safe PREPARE in ecpg

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thread-safe PREPARE in ecpg
Date: 2007-09-25 13:00:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 03:22:13PM +0900, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> Here is a WIP patch to make prepared statements thread-safe in ecpg.
> The variable prep_stmts was global but not protected by any locks.
> I divided it into per-connection field so that we can access prepared
> statements separately in each thread.

Thanks a lot. This is exactly how I was planning to implement it, but I
haven't even found the time to start coding yet. :-)

Could you please create a small example that we could add to the
regression suite?

> I needed to change the following exported functions, but it will
> introduce an incompatibility issue. It might be ok for CVS HEAD,
> but I'd like to port the fix to back versions. Do you have any
> thoughts on how we can accomplish this better?

No idea at the moment, sorry.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org