Re: reindexdb hangs

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: dx k9 <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reindexdb hangs
Date: 2007-09-10 22:07:00
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm not sure I follow. Are you suggesting adding a new function,
> > similar to pg_class_ownercheck, which additionally checks for temp-ness?
>
> No, I was just suggesting adding the check for temp-ness in cluster()
> and cluster_rel() where we do pg_class_ownercheck. We already have the
> rel open there and so it's cheap to do the temp-ness check.

I applied a patch along these lines to HEAD and 8.2.

I am unsure if I should backpatch to 8.1: the code in cluster.c has
changed, and while it is relatively easy to modify the patch, this is a
rare bug and nobody has reported it in CLUSTER (not many people clusters
temp tables, it seems). Should I patch only REINDEX? How far back?

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"The eagle never lost so much time, as