BUG #3600: ODBC Driver not working with BIGINT

From: "Phillip Carruthers" <pjc(at)seemoretechnologies(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3600: ODBC Driver not working with BIGINT
Date: 2007-09-04 16:13:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3600
Logged by: Phillip Carruthers
Email address: pjc(at)seemoretechnologies(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.16
Operating system: Redhat 4
Details:

When using SQLBindParameter with type BIGINT I get the following error;

Unable to execute statement due to [unixODBC]Unrecognized C_parameter type
in copy_statement_with_parameters; Unrecognized key passed to SQLGetInfo

I get the same error on Redhat 5 with Postgres 8.1

I do NOT get the error using Postres 8.2.4 on Windows.

It seems that only the Windows ODBC driver is work for BIGINT.