Re: Information Week article on PostgreSQL benchmark

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk>
Subject: Re: Information Week article on PostgreSQL benchmark
Date: 2007-09-04 14:31:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

All,

> > > First, he says PG will add a debugger for, specifically, Oracle
> > > PL/SQL. Then, in the bulleted list, it says specifically PL/pgSQL;
> > > not the same thing.
> >
> > Yea, it seems the cleaned-up version is still not fully cleaned up.
>
> By "not fully cleaned up," do you mean "contains major factual and
> conceptual errors in each paragraph?"

Hmmm. Usually Charlie does much better than this. BTW, the features came
from a phone call with me, and I directed Charlie to some online lists.

I've a feeling what happened is that for some reason he waited several days
between asking me to explain the features and running the article (certainly
it was over a week until publication) and lost track of what they were
actually about.

Overall, I really don't see any issue for the community with the article;
people will assume that inaccuracies are Charlie's. What the article
substantially says is that we're going into beta soon, which is good news to
have out there.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun