Re: Request to add EnterpriseDB Postgres to Download page

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Derek Rodner <derek(dot)rodner(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Request to add EnterpriseDB Postgres to Download page
Date: 2007-09-02 05:56:42
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 12:06, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> > Isn't there a better link? Something that talks about Sun + PostgreSQL?
>
> Unfortunately we're overhauling the sun.com/postgresql page at the moment
> and it will move ... hmmm. I can revise the links though.

> href="http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/databases/">OpenSolaris</a> -
> PostgreSQL is
> distributed as part of the Solaris operating system through Solaris 10,
> OpenSolaris Nevada and SXDE.

Josh, if there is a standard package mechanism for getting these on solaris
akin to yum/apt/portage or similar, I think it should be added to the
download page along with other OS package management links. (We roll our
own pg packages at OmniTI, so I'm honestly not sure how Solaris users get
thier packages, though I know you have them since we use the psql that comes
from a package that's linked to readline).

--
Robert Treat