Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
To: Josh Trutwin <josh(at)trutwins(dot)homeip(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction
Date: 2007-08-23 18:55:47
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:29:46 -0400
> Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > > Well you haven't given us any indication of data set or what you
> > > are trying to do. However, I can tell you, don't use pconnect,
> > > its broke ;)
> >
> > Broke? How do you figure?
>
> I asked that question earlier this month - this thread has some
> interesting discussion on pconnect:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg00602.php

Thanks to you and Erik for the link. Not sure how I missed that
thread.

I guess I just feel that "broken" is a bit of a harsh term. If
your expectations are for full-blown connection management from
pconnect(), then you will be disappointed. If you take it for
what it is: persistent connections, then those limitations would
be expected.

*shrug*

I'm just glad there aren't any unknown problems waiting to bite
me ...

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com