Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system
Date: 2007-08-22 23:49:46
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Red Hat distributions, at least, will never be able to use it in the
> given form.

This just encoded what a packager would presumably have done anyway. If
it's not going to work for Red Hat, then it's never going to work for
Red Hat in any way without major reeingineering (such as compiling in
the path rather than using a symlink). If someone feels inclined to do
that work, then we can evaluate that, but we can keep using the same
configure option, so everything would keep working consistently.

--
Peter Eisentraut