Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Fredrik Bertilsson <frebe73(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux
Date: 2007-08-18 03:08:04
Lists: pgsql-performance

Fredrik Bertilsson escribió:
> Hi,
> we are using Postgres on both Solaris servers and Linux servers, and
> Postgres are much slower on Solaris servers. We have tested with different
> versions of Solaris and Postgres, but the fact remains: Postgres seems to be
> much faster on Linux server. Does anybody else has the same experience?

You haven't specified where the slowness is. Is it that connection
establishing is slower? Are queries slower? Is the hardware
comparable? Are the filesystems configured similarly?

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.